Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Boss Just Asked about Google Drive

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Google-Drive.pngI became overwhelmed with joy when my boss asked me if we should use Google drive. My head exploded with the thought that "my life was about to get so much easier."   I almost could not stop myself from screaming "YES!" however, I calmed down and said "I believe using Google drive would be a great decision as it can save you and the department a lot of time and headache." Later I explained why. I told her that it was compatible with Microsoft Office. This means that we can start files on here and finish with Microsoft Office and vice versa. Also, the sharing capabilities are out of this world. Once everyone in the department gets a Google account we can give permissions to specific people for specific documents. This is a whole lot easier than saving a file and attaching it in an email just so they can see the changes you made. With Google drive your employees can see the changes you make as you make them and they can edit the changes at the same time. No more hour long meetings with your employees aimlessly staring at a computer screen while you reach over her to make edits. Now you can edit documents remotely, or while you are in another meeting. This is truly groundbreaking technology. She said, " I can see how excited you are about it. I will see how we can integrate this technology as a department."

No comments:

Post a Comment